Loudoun ENT Specialists Credit Card on File Policy
Loudoun ENT Specialists requires that a valid credit card be kept on file.
This policy is designed to:
- Help you avoid all billing related fees
- Streamline the billing process in our office and eliminate the expenses related to handling overdue accounts
- Focus our time and energy on your medical care
The card information is stored electronically in an encrypted form and cannot be viewed by our office staff. Your signature will authorize the card to be used only when your balance becomes past due.
How the policy works:
- At the time of registration or check-in, you will be asked for your credit card information to be electronically stored in encrypted form in our computer. Only the last four digits are visible to our staff.
- As before, we will bill your insurance carrier as a courtesy for all charges related to the visit.
- When we receive an explanation of benefits (EOB) from your insurance, we will send you a statement. If we have not received payment within 30 days, we will charge the credit card on file for the balance due (on the statement).
- If Loudoun ENT Specialists attempts to use your card and it is declined or has expired, Loudoun ENT Specialists will send you a new statement with a note attached asking for current credit card information. If no new information is provided, the account will be forwarded on to our collection agency.
Please remember that this policy does not restrict your right to appeal any charge made to your credit card. Should you feel that we have charged your card in error, you may contact our billing office. If a mistake has been made we will reverse the charges.